Nod’s path is blocked again… And this time, he has to fight something other than locks. Ollie says it won’t hurt (much).
Here’s some free advice about this epic battle:
- Assembling your weapon shouldn’t be hard: Ollie will guide you through the process when you exit to Elevator hall. Just grab some stones, wire (make sure that no Axis is running through it by using your Axis vision first) and handle and engage your bulky opponent.
- Nod starts at a disadvantage, but can improve his hit chance considerably by reducing mobility of _03.
- Don’t forget that you can still use Nod’s skills, even during battle.
- Another way to gain the upper hand is to bring down Bygone’s chance to hit, but remember that each attempt comes at the cost of your turn. Balance is the key.
- Don’t get distracted — those who’re not focused on the battle get punished.
- If worst comes to worst and you lose, Ollie won’t be able to resist playing a practical joke on Nod. To escape it, help Nod remember that he only learned the world “olfactory” recently.
(This puzzle might be a tad confusing, so we’re considering replacing it with a more elegant one.)
After Nod comes to back in the elevator (how the Hades did he get back there?), he can either fight the Bygone again, or ask Ollie for help (which she offers in an atypically generous fashion). Use her interface gate to do the latter and have her hack the robot. Note that if Nod gets knocked out a couple more times, she’ll interfere and do it anyway. This girl has a digital heart of gold.
Regardless of how your battle ends, it’s time to head for the exit.
- Move through Atrium to Lobby and use Royce exit to get out.
- Navigate the streets of Second Rim district to make your way to Nova Corps station. You can talk to Nova citizens and visitors on your way to receive a bunch of fetch quests from them.
- Alright, alright… Use the stairs on you left to descent into Bowels, then continue to Maintenance tunnel.
- Can’t really blame Nod for not wanting to get cooked, so let’s try and find a way to make this tunnel passable. Start by trying to close gate valve on your right (be quick — Nod’s vision will become clouded in a few seconds, and you’ll have to leave the tunnel and return for him to be able to see clearly again); unfortunately, even Nod’s synthetic arm can’t do the job. It’s really been kind of useless so far, hasn’t it?
- Return to Bowels and use relief valve directly in front of you to bleed off pressure from the pipes.
- Go back to Maintenance tunnel again and turn the gate valve, this time shutting off steam for good.
- The passage is now safe, so proceed to Concierge’s room to watch another cutscene.
- You’re back to present day… Check out Console to your left. Flip PA switch on it to make an announcement (or rather, have Ollie make it for you).
- Looks like you’re going to have to explore Royce building from the outside. Use controls on your right to zoom cameras in and out (lever), move the image vertically or horizontally (joystick) and switch between two cameras (buttons), which show Royce from opposite angles.
- First, you need to locate the PA system. Switch to another camera angle, move the image all the way down and zoom one level in. If you did everything right, Ollie will highlight the entrance on top left monitor.
- Next, let’s check out Royce rooftop. Switch back to original camera angle, move the image almost all the way up (4 times) and zoom in closer again. This time Ollie will draw your attention to the vehicle on the rooftop.
- Rooftop it is then! Return to Concierge’s room and take the stairs to your right.