Just like helping Thea, fighting Bygone is not necessary. Instead, you can just accept Ollie’s unusually generous offer by using her interface gate to call her.
If you do decide to engage, though, here’s some advice:
- Assembling your weapon shouldn’t be hard: Ollie will guide you through the process when you exit to Elevator hall. Just grab some stones, wire (make sure that no Axis is running through it by using your Axis vision first) and handle and engage your bulky opponent.
- Nod starts at a disadvantage, but can improve his chance to hit considerably by reducing mobility of _03.
- Don’t forget that you can still use your skills, even during battle. However, be mindful of damage that _03 might cause.
- Your other way to gain the upper hand is to bring down Bygone’s chance to hit, but remember that each attempt comes at a cost of your turn. Balance is the key.
- Don’t get distracted — those who’re not focused on battle get punished.
- If worst comes to worst, remember that Nod only learned the world “olfactory” this evening.
- There will be opportunities to reconsider and ask Ollie for help should you feel like your foe is too formidable (or that this battle is balanced too poorly).
Regardless of which option you chose, it’s time to head for the exit.
- Move through Atrium to Lobby and use Royce exit to get out.
- Navigate the streets of Second Rim district to make your way to Nova Corps station. You can talk to Nova citizens and visitors on your way to receive a bunch of fetch quests from them.
- Alright, alright… Use the stairs on you left to descent into Bowels, then continue to Maintenance tunnel.
- Can’t really blame Nod for not wanting to get cooked, so let’s try and find a way to make this tunnel passable. Start by trying to close gate valve on your right (be quick — Nod’s vision will become clouded in a few seconds, and you’ll have to leave the tunnel and return for him to be able to see clearly again); unfortunately, even Nod’s synthetic arm can’t do the job. It’s really been kind of useless so far, hasn’t it?
- Return to Bowels and use relief valve directly in front of you to bleed off pressure from the pipes.
- Go back to Maintenance tunnel again and turn the gate valve, this time shutting off steam for good.
- The passage is now safe, so proceed to Concierge’s room to watch another cutscene.
Congratulations! You have completed 0.4 demo. Thank you for playing! We hope you like what you’ve seen so far, and we’re looking forward to your feedback on our dedicated Trello board (or wherever works for you). In the meantime, we’ll do our best to complete Nod’s route, which is nearing one of it’s many resolutions, and bring you Early Access release as soon as possible ; )